Ralph Is Coming To America
Ralph Steadman is coming to America. A Retrospective - Ralph Steadman, a massive collection of over 60 years of Ralph's work, opens tonight at the Society of Illustrators in New York and will be on display until October 22.
Ralph's incredible range is out in full force: His early political cartoons (most still socially relevant today), his lauded work with Hunter S. Thompson, his children's books and everything in between. This collection is one of the largest exhibitions of his work ever and the first time the Society of Illustrators has dedicated the entire gallery to one artist.
We got a sneak preview last night. While we've been working with Ralph since 1995, we will never outgrow our awe of his depth, relevance, and (of course) his weirrd. It is truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take it all in at once.
See how deep the rabbit hole goes with an incredible schedule of collaborative events and programs centered around the exhibit:
- September 10, Proud to be Weirrd: The Life and Art of Ralph STEADman
- September 22, Gonzo Sketch Night
- September 29, Screening of "For No Good Reason," a documentary on Ralph's life and work
- October 6, Multiple Mediums Concert with Relix Magazine
- October 14, Can Art Affect Social Change? panel discussion
- October 15, Live Skype session with Ralph Steadman