BYOG (Bring Your Own Grill) Class is Back
"As far as men go, it is not what they are that interests me, but what they can grill." - Jean-Paul Sarte
Back by popular demand is BYOG, a bring-your-own-grill BBQ'ing class led by grilling legend Chris Carter. The class will show 25 lucky individuals how to grill on the equipment you already own and will teach you the differences from grilling to smoking, direct and indirect cooking, different types of wood and charcoal, cooking times, and tricks the pros use.
- A full rack of ribs, whole chicken, and other grilling meats
- Flying Dog beer samples
- A BBQ cooking guide, including recipes, tips, and more
- A special lunch cooked by the pro himself
- Students need to bring their own grill: It can be gas or charcoal. Anything from a deluxe monster gas grill to a Weber and a bag of charcoal is welcome.
- You are more than welcome to share a grill if you have a friend or neighbor coming with you, BUT your grilling partner will still have to buy his or her own ticket, or you can purchase a couples ticket. (It is legal in Maryland now.)
- All attendees are also encouraged to bring charcoal, wood chips, special sauces, or any other elements they'd like to perfect in the class.